For Current Chrome OS Versions
- Power on the chromebook and wait until you see the Chrome OS Sign-in Screen.
- Press ALT + V on the keyboard.
- The serial number as well as the current Chrome OS version will appear in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
For Older Chromebook Models
- Hold the following keys on the keyboard: Esc + Refresh + Power
- Press Ctrl + D on the recovery screen with the yellow exclamation mark
- Press Enter on the screen that states: “To turn OS verification OFF, press enter. Your system will…”
- On the next screen, which has a red exclamation mark, let the system proceed automatically. Do Not Hit Spacebar
- On the screen that states: “The device owner has disabled developer mode for this device…” let the system reboot automatically
- When you see the screen that states: Choose Your Language and Network, press ALT + V and the serial number will display in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.