If a user signs in before you enroll the Chrome device, HUSD Google account policies and preferences will not apply, and you need to wipe the device to restart the enrollment process.
- Turn on the Chromebook
- Press ESC + REFRESH + POWER.
- Wait until the screen displays a yellow exclamation point (!).
- Press CTRL + D to enter developer mode, then press ENTER (when prompted).
- Wait for the screen to display a red exclamation point (!) and then press ENTER. Chrome OS will delete its local data, and return to its initial state.
- Click on Get Started when you arrive at the Chrome OS "Welcome" screen
- Select a district wireless network and enter the password, then click Connect
- You should now see the Chrome "Enterprise Enrollment" screen.
Note: If you do not see the enrollment screen, press CTRL + ALT + E on the keyboard.
- Enter "your" district email address and password, and then click Sign In to enroll the Chromebook into our district management system.
Note: If you have two factor verification on your account, you will need to verify your account before proceeding.
- Click Done on the enterprise enrollment complete screen
- You should now see "Chromebook managed by hesperiausd.org" at the bottom of the sign in screen
If this still does not work, try reinstalling the Chrome OS via USB flash drive by using the following instructions: Creating a Recovery Image