For the Dell Chromebook 11 CB1C13 and P22T models.
In more recent Chrome OS versions, you may not need to do all the steps below just to get the serial number to be displayed on the Chromebook screen. Instead, just power on the chromebook and at the sign in screen you can try hitting ALT + V on the keyboard. You may see the serial number and the Chrome OS version located in the top right corner. If not please follow the steps below.
How to find Chromebook Serial Number:
- Hold the following keys on the keyboard (Esc + refresh + power) to start the wipe process
- Hit (Ctrl + D) on the recovery screen (yellow exclamation mark)
- Hit (Enter) on the screen that states: “to turn OS verification OFF, press enter. Your system will…”
- On the next screen which has the red exclamation mark, let the system proceed to the next screen automatically. DO NOT HIT SPACEBAR
- Then, on the next screen which states: “The device owner has disabled developer mode for this device…” again, let the system reboot automatically
- When the chromebook restarts you will be at the screen that states: choose your language and network, you don’t need to fill this out just hit (ALT + V) and the serial number will display in the top right corner of the screen.