OS 10.7 or higher
The "new" powerschool Gradebook Launcher/app
The gradebook icon may bounce a couple times in the dock, looking like its going to open but then it immediately disappears and nothing happens.
Before these steps, make sure you have trashed previous gradebook apps, especially the new gradebook launcher that is not opening correctly:
- While on your mac desktop, hold in "option" on your keyboard and click "go" at the top of the screen in the file menu.
- choose "library"
- navigate to the "Caches" folder
- navigate to the "Pearson" folder
- Delete the 2.8.x.x folder(s) that might exist in the Pearson Folder.
- Now, Log into powerschool as a teacher
- Click Gradebook
- Click the Installer link under the "new gradebook Launch" section to download the gradebook installer
- Once installed, click the "launch button" in the same area as the gradebook installer to download the "launchgradebook.ptg" file
- Click the "launchgradebook.ptg" file
Gradebook should now open. You may see a blue progress bar within the gradebook launcher showing that it is recreating those folders you delete in step 5.
**Here is a screenshot to show an example of what folder(s) to delete in step 5**